Getting the Claims Process Started
Mitigating Risk at Sea
|To assist you in understanding how to submit an insurance claim, we’ve compiled a list of claim requirements and submission forms on this page. |
For more information, please view our helpful marine insurance PDF to learn how to file an insurance claim on your damaged shipment.
You may contact us at any time for questions or help.
|Shipping is difficult work. The ocean environment is very harsh, and there are many opportunities for problems. At Trans Global Auto Logistics we have over 30 years of experience importing and exporting personal possessions, vehicles, boats, and heavy equipment. |
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your property, but minor damage is not uncommon during the shipping process, and more serious damage happens on occasion too.
While these risks can be mitigated by choosing one of our more secure shipping options for your goods, like a private container, we can never reduce the risks to zero. If something has gone wrong with your shipment, the marine insurance PDF on this page will help you to better understand the insurance claim requirements.
Filing a Claim
Our marine insurance PDF details everything you need to file a claim, but here is the overview:
The most important thing to do first is to read your Marine Insurance Certificate in its entirety. It contains vital information about giving notice of your claim and where to do it, as well as a list of what you can claim under the policy.
You will need to provide a number of documents to meet the claim requirements, including:
- The original insurance policy / Certificate of Insurance that was emailed to you;
- Request for a subrogation letter;
- Copy of your shipping invoice;
- Origin Inspection Report;
- Evidence of loss or damage, e.g., a Survey Report, photographs, or an inspection form;
- Delivery receipt or pick-up receipt revealing the damages at the time of delivery or pick-up;
- Landing account and weight notes from the final destination;
- Estimate of repairs, with English translation if applicable;
- Photographs of damages that reveal the damage itself and the location of the damage on the property;
- Ocean Bill of Lading;
- Correspondence with carriers and all other involved parties detailing any liability for damages or loss.
Submit the Appropriate Claim Form
After reading our marine insurance PDF, you will need to submit the appropriate claim form:
Please contact us for additional help. We will be glad to assist you.