RV, Motor Home And Travel Trailer Shipping
One of the best ways to see Europe and the world is through the windshield of your RV.
You have traveled the United States in your home away from home, so why not see the rest of the world? Although bringing your RV overseas may seem overwhelming, Trans Global Auto Logistics is here to help. We have more experience shipping motor homes and other large vehicles internationally than anyone else in the industry. We can help you determine the ideal method so everything goes off without a hitch. Usually, shipping your RV to Europe or any other continent is no more difficult than transporting a large car. The key is planning, and we know exactly how to handle it for you.
Taking your camper or travel trailer on your next overseas adventure is a unique experience you’ll remember for the rest of your life. You’ll have all the comforts of home wherever you go, even as you immerse yourself in the rich and diverse cultures of a foreign land. However, it’s difficult to look forward to that if you’re bogged down in the logistics of shipping your RV. We can take the worry off your shoulders.
Choosing Your Shipping Method
When you need to ship an RV, you have several options. The most common technique is roll-on/roll-off. Your RV is simply driven on and off the vessel using ramps. This usually is the quickest and most cost-effective method for shipment.
Another frequently used option is a flat rack, which is similar to a flatbed truck. Your vehicle is placed on the rack, which is then loaded onto the vessel. Unlike other providers, we have the specific knowledge necessary for arranging international transportation for these options and many other types of vehicles. You can rest assured that your RV will be in good hands throughout the process.
Preparing Your RV for Transport
When preparing to ship a motor home or other type of RV, make sure that you ask the carrier for any special precautions that may be necessary. You also will want to:
- Remove all loose and personal items from the interior to prevent damage during transport
- Close and latch all the doors and windows
- Disconnect any non-essential electronic devices
- Ensure that tires and wheels are in good condition
- Check that the tow bar and hitch are properly installed, latched and in good shape
- Check that the signal lights are working properly (i.e., turn signals, brake lights, headlights and indicators)
- Check fluid levels (including transmission, power steering, brake fluid and coolant) and check for leaks
- Prepare a full set of keys and a list of special instructions for your carrier that can be referenced in the odd case that it is necessary
Experience the World in a New Way
No one knows more about international vehicle shipping than we do. When choosing Trans Global, we’ll do whatever it takes to make the process as easy as possible for you. Are you ready to learn more and/or request a quote? Get in touch today!