Ship your cargo from Italy to the US with premium customer service from Trans Global Auto Logistics. With over three decades of experience, TGAL is here to help you ship classic cars, boats and yachts, military POVs, equipment and recreational vehicles to your international destination. We offer thorough, customizable logistic services including direct-to-door shipping, vehicle pickups from customs to designated locations, cargo insurance, and more, all at competitive prices. No matter your deadline, we offer straightforward and efficient transportation services to ship your car from Italy to the US. Explore our air and sea transport options to see which method best suits your shipping needs.
VEHICLE TRANSPORT OPTIONS FOR SHIPPING CARS FROM ITALY TO THE US
Trans Global Auto Logistics offers various shipping options by both sea and air to our customers. Your starting location, receiving terminal, the ideal speed of delivery, and the age or value of the cargo all determine the desirable option when shipping from Italy to the US. We guarantee competitive prices that work for your wallet. Listed below are our shipping options:
- Roll On/Roll Off (RORO) — Transport your car securely and reliably on the holding deck of the ship protected from exposure to the elements.
- RORO offers affordable and most competitive rates.
- RORO sometimes has a quicker transit time than container.
- Vehicles must be in good running condition, not ideal for classic cars.
- Item storage inside the vehicle is not allowed. All possessions inside the vehicle are disposed of by the receiving terminal.
- Shared Container Shipping — Container shipping stores your vehicle together with other vehicles. Fees such as terminal handling charges, loading/unloading, and container trucking at the terminals are shared between all parties using the container during shipment.
- Ideal for poor running or non-running vehicles and classic cars
- Personal items can be stored in the vehicle
- Longer transit time than RORO, the container must be full before shipping
- Dedicated Container Shipping — Dedicated Container Shipping is ideal for faster delivery or required if the destination does not offer Shared Container Shipping. Your cargo will be shipped in a private container.
- Offers the fastest service besides air freight
- You can store items in the vehicle
- Higher cost than RORO and Shared Container Shipping
- Air Freight — Air freight is one of the most expensive shipping options and generally the least utilized option on the market. This method is used for high-end collector vehicles or time sensitive shipments.
- Quickest service available
- Most expensive shipping option
PREPARING YOUR VEHICLE FOR SHIPMENT
Prior to shipping a car from Italy to the USA, it’s important to take the following actions to avoid additional fees or being turned away by the terminals:
- Clean your vehicle inside and out, including its undercarriage
- Vehicle must be clean of foreign soil or invasive plants and animals
- Check that you have less than a quarter tank of fuel
- Remove all non-factory installed items (applies for RORO shipments only)
- Remove license plates
- After-market alarm system must be disengaged prior to shipment when possible
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR SHIPPING YOUR CAR FROM ITALY TO THE US
Trans Global Auto Logistics offers the following additional services:
- Inland Transport within Italy and the USA – TGAL can arrange road transportation in Italy to the terminal and also to any city within the USA.
- Marine Insurance – Per the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act (COGSA) liability is limited to $500 per shipment when shipping a car from Italy to the USA. We strongly recommend Marine Insurance to ensure your vehicle is covered in the event of damage or loss. All shipping quotes given by TGAL will list the cost of this optional service.
- 3rd party vehicle purchase inspections – Ensure that your car is being shipped as advertised!
- Escrow Service – We offer our Escrow service to act as a liaison between the buyer and the seller for customers who are not comfortable with transferring funds directly to an online seller in Italy, or when a seller isn’t okay with providing banking details overseas.
EXPERIENCED AND SAFE SHIPPING
As a fully bonded and licensed Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) and freight forwarder, we provide the highest level of customer service in the industry. Unlike other international shipping providers, we own and operate our warehouses, so we have complete control over the care of the shipment of your cargo from Italy. Trust us to deliver your shipment to ports worldwide with a professional level of detail each step of the way. You will be notified by certified agents during each segment of the journey to guarantee a smooth delivery. We work with your time schedule to assure your valuable cargo arrives in the same condition it left.
CONTACT TRANS GLOBAL AUTO LOGISTICS
Secure shipment of your goods at a cost that works with your budget is TGAL’s highest priority. Request a free quote by simply filling out our form, and one of our representatives will be in touch to discuss your shipment. Contact us for a quote today.